Dr. Perlmutter is one of the leading lights in medicine today, illuminating the path for solving chronic illness. He has been a personal mentor and guide for me in dealing with many complex patients and someone I send my closest friends and family to. His leadership in the new medicine has taken so many of us to a place of new understanding about how we can heal and protect our brains.
– Mark Hyman, MD, author of the current bestselling book The Blood Sugar Solution, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Chairman, Institute for Functional Medicine
Dr. David Perlmutter is on the cutting edge of innovative medicine that looks at all lifestyle influences on health and illness. His work has helped me better understand ways to maintain and improve brain function and to prevent and treat diseases of the nervous system that are not managed well by conventional medicine.
– Andrew Weil, MD, Americaâs best-known complementary care physician and author of several bestselling books including Healthy Aging and his latest Spontaneous Happiness.
I have known Dr. David Perlmutter for many years. He has helped treat my wife, who has MS, and has been a resource for me as I refer many patients with neurological problems to him. His holistic and integrative approach is what I appreciate most. He understands the patient’s potential and helps them to achieve it rather than be limited by beliefs and statistics.
– Bernie Siegel, MD, renowned physician and author of many bestselling books including Love, Medicine, and Miracles and his latest A Book of Miracles.
Dr. Perlmutter is the leading integrative medicine neurologist in North America today. His ability to fully integrate conventional medicine diagnosis and treatment with the latest innovations in nutritional and environmental medicine is phenomenal. As a teacher and clinician, he has fundamentally changed how physicians and patients think about neurological degeneration and, happily, regeneration.
– Joseph Pizzorno, MD, Editor-in-Chief, Integrative Medicine, A Clinicianâs Journal; Co-Author, Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine; Founding President, Bastyr University
David Perlmutter is a meticulous, thoughtful explorer of new ways to bring healing to our nervous systems and our lives. Many of the people I refer to him are discovering practical ways to mitigate or reverse some of the most ominous prognoses.
– James S. Gordon, MD, author, Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey Out of Depression, and Founder and Director, The Center for Mind-Body Medicine
David Perlmutter is a leader in preventive neurology and the Functional Medicine approach to neurologic diseases. How often do you hear a neurologist talk about breastfeeding and the importance of early-life nutrition and events on subsequent childhood and adult diseases of the nervous system? His extensive exploration of what protects and what damages our brains throughout life has saved thousands from the scourge of heartbreaking neurologic diseases. His books and supplement recommendations have helped many hundreds of thousands more to maintain their health and reverse nutritional and lifestyle related brain and nervous system dysfunction. And where the brain goes, so goes the rest of the body. Why would we want anything but the very best information and advice for our children and theirs? Perlmutter offers us exactly that.
– Bethany Hays, MD, Medical Director of True North Health Center in Falmouth, Maine
Dr. Perlmutter is a pioneer in medicine. His approach to brain health offers us the opportunity to get to the underlying cause of some of the most challenging diseases. Dr. Perlmutter offers a holistic approach to neurology, treating the whole person body, mind and spirit. His approach is evidenced-based and cutting edge providing options and hope to individuals with significant neurologic challenges.