After adopting a gluten-free diet at age 42, I find myself in the healthiest state of my entire life.
- All IBS symptoms have disappeared.
- I’m nearly pain-free from arthritis.
- My monthly cycle is a non-issue for me now, no more illness and depression every month.
- I get very few bugs, colds and coughs – which, with three kids, is no mean feat.
- I’m more creative in the kitchen, I really taste and appreciate my food more than I ever did.
- I buy my food seasonally (making my food bill cheaper), and I question the sourcing of what I buy a lot more – is the meat from grass-fed livestock, have the apples been sprayed with toxic chemicals, etc.?
- I also struggle to eat anything really sweet (and I NEVER EVER thought I’d say that!!!) – once you cut most refined sugar out of your diet, it truly changes your taste buds – for the better!
- I don’t get energy dips anymore, no more mid-morning or mid-afternoon slumps which means I’m more productive and I don’t reach for the sugary fixes.