Raw Zucchini Salad
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion (about ¼ large red onion)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1.5 lbs), diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup diced feta cheese (optional)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine the chopped onion and red wine vinegar in a bowl. Let this stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Strain the mixture and discard the vinegar.
Combine the onions, zucchini, tomatoes, olives, cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, mint, parsley, and pine nuts in a bowl. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve room temperature or chilled.