- 0.6 pound (300 grams) fresh tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small sweet yellow onion
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon (to taste)
- Peel of 1 quarter preserved lemon (optional)
- The secret of the salad is how small you can chop the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. When they are chopped into small pieces, then you get all of them in a bit and it makes a huge difference!
- Chop the tomatoes (with the skin), the cucumber, and yellow onion into very small pieces.
- Chop the preserved lemon peel (not the pulp) into very small pieces. If you don’t have preserved lemon you can just skip it.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together: tomatoes, cucumber, onion, preserved lemon peel, lemon juice, chopped cilantro, olive oil, and spices. Mix well. Taste and adjust the spices accordingly.
(Recipe via Jennifer J.)