There is so much discussion these days about things like intermittent fasting, time restricted eating, and caloric restriction, and with good reason. There is robust research data that supports the health benefits of these practices.
Today, with Dr. Will Cole, we’re going to explore several important topics including:
- Why chronic calorie restriction and intermittent fasting are not the same thing
- The ways fasting benefits health beyond weight loss
- What metabolic inflexibility is and how it affects your health
- How to get out of your head and into your body when it comes to food
- How history supports fasting and why our culture moved away from this model of eating
Dr. Will Cole is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the world via webcam and locally in Pittsburgh. Named one of the top 50 functional-medicine and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Cole specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems.
He is the bestselling author of Ketotarian and The Inflammation Spectrum, both of which have been featured on The Empowering Neurologist. The topic of our discussion today is Dr. Cole’s new book Intuitive Fasting, which describes how to use the powerful benefits of flexible intermittent fasting to gain metabolic flexibility and find food peace.