The Empowering Neurologist – David Perlmutter, MD, and Dr. Daniel Amen
Why do we not generally discuss the fact that there is an epidemic of mental illness in our society? Or that our lifestyle choices may have an impact on our risk for these conditions (like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADHD, and others)? Though incidence of these conditions is skyrocketing, for the past four decades standard treatment hasn’t much changed, and success rates in treating them have barely improved, either. Meanwhile, the stigma of the “mental illness” label―damaging and devastating on its own―can often prevent sufferers from getting the help they need.
My good friend Dr. Daniel Amen is on the forefront of a new movement within medicine and related disciplines that aims to change all that. In The End of Mental Illness, Dr. Amen draws on the latest findings of neuroscience to challenge an outdated psychiatric paradigm and help readers take control and improve the health of their own brain, minimizing or reversing conditions that may be preventing them from living a full and emotionally healthy life.
The End of Mental Illness will help you discover:
- Why labeling someone as having a “mental illness” is not only inaccurate but harmful.
- Why standard treatment may not have helped you or a loved one―and why diagnosing and treating you based on your symptoms alone so often misses the true cause of those symptoms and results in poor outcomes.
- At least 100 simple things you can do yourself to heal your brain and prevent or reverse the problems that are making you feel sad, mad, or bad.
- How to identify your “brain type” and what you can do to optimize your particular type.
- Where to find the kind of health provider who understands and uses the new paradigm of brain health.
We discuss many of these ideas in our time together on this podcast and I hope there are a lot of important take home messages for each of you. This is fundamentally important information.
TBI, The Empowering Neurologist, Mental Health, Depression, Neuroplasticity, Anxiety
The Empowering Neurologist – David Perlmutter, M.D. and Dr. Caroline Leaf
The Empowering Neurologist
The Empowering Neurologist – David Perlmutter, M.D. and Dr. Daniel Amen
The Empowering Neurologist, Mental Health, Mood, PTSD, Depression, Anxiety