- 2 bundles of asparagus
- 1/4 cup of onion chopped fine or 1 tbls. chopped dried onion
- 1 cup of medium fresh salsa
- Several shakes of chili seasoning mix or chili powder
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 level tablespoon of Organic Dulse Flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. of sea salt.
- Trim the butt ends off the asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Steam asparagus until tender, remove from heat and drain.
- Put in a medium bowl and use an electric hand blender until smooth.
- Stir in all the other ingredients by hand EXCEPT the salsa. Let it stand for an hour to cool and the flavors blend.
- Then stir in the salsa, cover and chill.
- Taste test after several hours and add more seasonings if you like.
- Serve with veggies to dip, or as a side all its own!
(Recipe courtesy of David Dickson)